lunes, 12 de febrero de 2018

Hello, everyone! / Hola a todos / Una breve presentación de nuestra Asistente de Inglés / A brief presentation of our English Assistant





Hello, everyone!

My name is Lydia and I am the English language assistant at Nuestra Señora de Araceli. I am from the United States where I grew up in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I recently graduated from Grand Valley State University with a degree in Spanish and Speech-Language Pathology.  I will be returning to university in August to begin my masters of Speech-Language Pathology.

I come from a family of five: my parents, my two brothers, and myself. We enjoy going camping together in northern Michigan on the Muskegon River and spending time with our extended family.

When I am not working or studying, I like to travel, go to the beach, bake desserts, play tennis, go hiking, and spend time with my friends. Since I have been in Spain, I have been able to travel to seven different countries! I am glad I have the opportunity to travel around Europe and throughout Spain while I am here.

In 2015, I spent four months living and studying in Sevilla. It is a gorgeous city and holds a special place in my heart. After I went back to the United States, I knew I needed to come back to Spain.

I am so grateful to be placed in Lucena. It is a beautiful town full of friendly people. I love my job here at school. The kids are so sweet and put a smile on my face every day. The teachers at school have been so welcoming. I am having such a positive experience here that it will be difficult for me to leave at the end of the school year. I will surely be enjoying every moment of my time left here.

Lydia Lipski


¡Hola a todos!

Me llamo Lydia y soy el auxiliar de conversación en Nuestra Señora de Araceli. Soy de los Estados Unidos donde vivía en Grand Rapids, Michigan. Recientemente, me gradué de la Universidad de Grand Valley con título en español y logopedia. Voy a regresar a la universidad en agosto para empezar mi máster de logopedia. 

Soy de una familia de cinco miembros: mis padres, mis dos hermanos y yo. Disfrutamos ir de camping en el norte de Michigan en el río Muskegon y pasando tiempo con nuestros parientes. 

Cuando no estoy trabajando ni estudiando, me gusta viajar, ir a la playa, hornear postres, jugar al tenis, hacer senderismo y pasar tiempo con mis amigos. Desde mi llegada a España, he tenido capaz de viajar a siete países distintos! Estoy contenta de tener la oportunidad de viajar por Europa y por España mientras estoy aquí. 

En 2015, pasé cuatro meses viviendo y estudiando en Sevilla. Es una ciudad preciosa y tiene un lugar especial en mi corazón. Después de regresar a los Estados Unidos, sabía que necesitaría regresar a España. 

Estoy tan agradecida estar en Lucena. Es un pueblo bonito y lleno de personas amigables. Me encanta mi trabajo aquí en el colegio. Los niños son adorables y cada día ponen una sonrisa grande en mi cara. Los maestros en el colegio me han hecho sentirme muy bienvenida. Tengo una experiencia tan positiva que será difícil salir al final del año escolar. Seguro que estaré disfrutando de cada momento del tiempo que tengo aquí. 


Lydia Lipski

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario